Pages

Saturday 15 October 2011

Rimmel Colour Rush Eye Quads

Rimmel Colour Rush Quads.

I found these on my computer, from a couple of months ago, so I thought I'd share. I don't have pictures of the actual products, but swatches are always good~


Smokey Brun. The lightest colour is a vanilla sheen kind of colour, perfect for when you're doing a simple look where you want the actual lid to look untouched, and all the work going on in the crease. The rest of the colours are all smooth and easy to work with. This was my favourite quad out of the bunch.


This is a better picture of the darkest brown. All of the other colours were showing true to life, apart from this one. Here you can see it's a darker golden brown with gold reflects.


State of Grace.
I was suprised at how easy this quad was to work with. Usually, blues are a b*tch to work with, but this was just fine. The only troubles came to the purpley-blue at the end which had a tendency to be a bit chalky and patchy.
All colours are true to life :)


Beauty Spells.
I'm not sure why I had such a hard time photographing this quad, but it annoyed the hell out of me. The colours look gorgeous in the pan, but this is a lilac quad, so I knew not to get my hopes up. I was right to. This quad is the one I was least impressed with. The light silver is ok, a little sheer, but ok. The lilac isn't really lilac with one swipe; it's glitter with a lilac sheen. The plummish colour is very powdery, I don't want to say chalky, but it's very... Clumpy, the black however, wins. It's a matte black with silver glitter, and it does the job just fine.


The black in Beauty Spells. Glitter!


Sun Safari.
This quad is a nice warm collections of brown/sand/golden tones. The light colour is similar to the light colour in Smokey Brun. The two middle colours are very close in person, and almost dupes of each other, but when they're built up, one has a more distinct orange tone. The darkest colour is gorgeous. It's an almost metallic burnt golden-bronze. I love this colour so much.


All of the shadows are nice and smooth to work with, and they're not bad to play with. I was expecting the dud to be Beauty Spells, but that's because purples/lilacs are so hard to get right. That's ok! Rimmel can be forgiven ;)

All eyeshadows were bought by me, a few months ago, so I couldn't tell you the price, but could be bought from Rimmellondon.com, Superdrug and Boots stores. It's Rimmel though, so I'd think around £5-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment