Pages

Thursday 15 March 2012

Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo... Or some sequence of those words.

Time for a mini review!

I've been lusting after these ever since I saw them pop up on the blogs and youtube. There were three colours I knew I needed, and they were (US names) Pomegrante Punk, Bad to the Bronze, and Tough as Taupe. Needless to say I was a little confused when confronted with the European names.

I got my hands on these lovelies. Unfortunately, the Pomegrante colour wasn't available in my Superdrug (there was not even a little section for that colour in the stand, perhaps they're not for Europe?)

On and On Bronze, Permanent Taupe, and Immortal Charcoal

And of course, because these came from Superdrug, they had that annoying security sticker that refused to come off in one swift peeling action, so they have little bits of sticker still on the sides. Never mind.
Anyway. The pots feel nice and weighty, I was actually surprised when I picked them up, the only problem I have with this packaging, is that it's hard to tell how much product is in the pot, because if you turn it upside down, it looks like there's a decent amount in there, but if you turn it to the side, it looks... Like there's nothing in there.

Top to bottom: Permanent Taupe, Immortal Charcoal, On and On Bronze

The consistency of these is absolutely gorgeous, if a little odd. It's gel, definitely gel, not a cream, which I find exquisite. They feel soft, I was worried that they'd feel greasy, but it's not grease, it's definitely gel like. They apply fantastically pigmented, and just glide on (I've only swatched with a finger).

With and without flash. (click to make bigger)

Permanent Taupe is a tricky colour. When applied, it's a lot darker than in the pot, and you're left with a deep slate grey taupe concoction. It's gorgeous, matte, and very everyday.
On and On Bronze is a bright, metallic bronze. It's very shiny, and looks like all of those gorgeous creamy bronze eyeliner pencils. I love this colour.
Immortal Charcoal reminds me a lot of Urban Decay's Cream Eyeshadow in Mushroom. A graphite grey with subdued shimmer.

They don't want to move once they're set, and I've swatched these on the inside of my wrist, and my wrist has been brushing my keyboard of my laptop, and they haven't budged at all, so it'll probably take some moving to get them going.

These are available for £4.99 from Superdrug (but it's not online as of 15th March), I've not seen it in Boots, but I just breezed through today on my search for ibuprofen. Also, Superdrug are doing 3 for 2 on Maybelline cosmetics, so I managed to get those three for £9.98, fantastic! I really want to pick up the Pomegrante colour if I can find it, so fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment